Acting is an art form that often goes under the radar. We see actors in films and on TV, and we think of them as just people who play pretend. But that’s only a fraction of what they do. In this blog post, we take a look at some of the talented actors out there who are way more than their roles. Bodhi Ransom Green. Whether they’re using their skills to raise awareness or to fight injustice, these actors are doing great things.
Tom Hanks has been in some of the most iconic films and TV shows of all time, but he’s more than just an actor. He’s a humanitarian and advocate for social justice. He’s also a philanthropist who has donated millions to charity. Here are 10 facts about Tom Hanks that you may not know.
- Tom Hanks was born on July 22, 1955, in Concord, Massachusetts.
- His first role was as a customer service representative on the television show “The $100,000 Pyramid.”
- He went on to star in the film “Big” (1988), which led to his breakout role as reporter Joe Sugarfoot in the comedy series “The West Wing” (1999-2006).
- Hanks became well known for his work in comedies such as “Big,” “A Beautiful Mind,” and “Splash.”
- He starred in the drama film “Philadelphia” (1993), which earned him an Academy Award nomination for Best Actor.
- Hanks gained international recognition for his roles in the war films ” Saving Private Ryan” (1998) and “Saving Private Ryan: The Extended Cut” (2001). Both films won Oscars for Best Picture.
- In 2003, he starred in the romantic comedy film “Love Actually.” The film became one of the highest-grossing films of all time and won several awards, including two Golden Globes.
Emma Stone is not just an actress. She is a groundbreaking artist and innovator with a unique voice and perspective. She has starred in some of the biggest films of the last decade, but her true calling is as an artist. Her latest project is a documentary about art entitled “The Art of Getting By.”
Stone has always been interested in art, but she didn’t start to explore it until she was in college. She studied Fine Arts at Brown University before landing her first acting role on television series “My So-Called Life.” After that, she starred in films like “Superbad” and “Zombieland.”
Stone’s passion for art started to take shape when she started making documentaries about artists she admires, like American painter Edward Hopper and French sculptor Antoine Bourdelle. Her debut feature film as an director, “La La Land,” won critical acclaim and numerous awards. It tells the story of two LA jazz pianists (Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone) who fall in love while struggling to make it in the music industry.
In addition to her acting skills, Stone is also an accomplished musician. She played piano for several scenes in “La La Land” and sings lead vocals on tracks like “Audition (The Fools Who Dream)” from her album of the same name. Her music has been featured in commercials for Nike, L’Oreal Paris, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Beats by Dre, and
Ryan Reynolds is one of Hollywood’s most versatile and successful actors. He has starred in some of the most popular and critically acclaimed movies of all time, such as “Deadpool” and “The Hitman’s Bodyguard.” But beyond his acting achievements, Reynolds is also well-known for his sense of humor and unique sense of style. Here are five facts about Ryan Reynolds that you may not know:
- He was born in Vancouver, Canada.
- His first major role was in the Canadian TV series “Trailer Park Boys.”
- He later appeared in the U.S. TV series “Two And A Half Men.”
- He got his big break in Hollywood when he was cast as Wade Wilson in the 2005 movie “Deadpool.”
Since then, he has starred in several other successful movies, including “The Green Lantern,” “Wonder Woman,” and “Venom.”
Scarlett Johansson is known for her acting roles in films such as Lost in Translation, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and Her. Johansson has also had a prolific career in music, recording two albums and appearing on several tracks. She has been praised for her unique and versatile acting skills.
Born on November 22, 1984, in New York City, Scarlett Johansson was raised in Manhattan and Long Island. She began her acting career at the age of 8, appearing in a commercial for Blue Moon beer. After training at the Stella Adler Academy of Acting in New York City, she made her screen debut in Manny & Lo (1996). Her breakthrough role came with the 2003 film Lost in Translation, which won her an Academy Award nomination for Best Actress. In subsequent films such as The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2009), Under the Skin (2014), and Don Jon (2013), Johansson starred as complex female characters who are often persecuted by society.
Johansson has also pursued a successful music career, releasing two albums – Break Up (2005) and Anywhere I Lay My Head (2008). Her single “The Look” reached number one on the Australian charts. In addition to performing live gigs, she has featured on several tracks by other artists including Robbie Williams’s “Angels” and Garbage’s “Strange Little Girls”.
Jennifer Lawrence is one of the most popular and critically acclaimed actors in the world. She has starred in some of the biggest blockbusters in history, such as “The Hunger Games” and “Silver Linings Playbook.” Beyond her acting career, Jennifer is also a humanitarian and activist. Here are five other facts you may not know about Jennifer Lawrence.
1. She was born in America but raised in Australia.
2. When she was just 12 years old, she won a role on the Australian soap opera “Neighbours.”
3. She enrolled at New York University to study acting but dropped out after two years to focus on her career.
4. In 2006, she married Josh Hutcherson and the couple had their first child, Dax Shepard, in 2008. They divorced in 2013.
5. Jennifer has since been linked with Nicholas Hoult, John Mayer, and Ben Affleck among others.
John Legend is one of the most successful and decorated artists in music history. He’s won 26 Grammy Awards, 2 Golden Globe Awards, and an Oscar nomination. But what many people don’t know is that John can also act. In addition to his work on stage and screen, he’s appeared in a number of notable movies and TV shows over the years. Here are 5 roles John Legend has played that are way more than his usual musical roles:
- Jesus in “The Last Temptation of Christ” (1988)
- Alonzo in “The Help” (2011)
- Poussey Washington in “House of Cards” (2013-present)
- Commissioner Gordon in “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” (2016)
- Barry Allen/The Flash in “Arrow” (2012-present)
It can be difficult to break away from the persona that we’ve been training our whole lives to portray. It’s hard to let go of the character that we’ve built up, and it can be even harder to accept ourselves for who we really are. But what if actors could transcend their roles? What if they could step out of their comfort zones and into other people’s shoes? I believe that this is what makes acting so incredibly rewarding — when you allow yourself to inhabit a different person, you are able to see the world in a new way. Actors who are capable of doing this are worth investing in — they will give your work depth and dimension that you might not have thought possible.