Selecting Plus Size Maternity Bras: Important Considerations
Most women are aware that their breasts will get larger during the first few months of pregnancy and after giving birth. Those who are already somewhat full-busted may find this increase especially challenging.
You won’t just feel fuller, but heavier as well.
Some women will want to look for specialized products such as plus-size maternity bras, because it is crucial to have the proper fit to support good breast health.
What Qualifies as a Plus Size Maternity Bra?
Here are some things to keep in mind while searching for a maternity bra in a larger size:
For more support, try to choose a bra with broad straps, a deep center front, and an underbust band.
- It’s preferable to wear a maternity bra that covers your breasts completely to help in case your breasts start to feel tender.
- Straps that are both firm and flexible provide additional support while also preventing bouncing.The straps should be reinforced in larger sizes, and there should be at least three rows of hooks so that the bra may expand with your body.
- All-day coziness is ensured by a bra’s softlinings. A partially cotton bra is advisable during pregnancy because it allows your skin to breathe and prevents irritation. However, an elastic fabric in the cups will allow the breasts to have room to grow.
Remember that every pregnant woman’s experience is unique; some may notice a rapid transformation in the first trimester, while others may feel a more subtle but constant expansion throughout their whole pregnancy.
However, between the sixth and fourteenth week of pregnancy, most women outgrow their existing bra collection.
What Should I Do to Find My Perfect Fit?
Regardless of your bust size, the same guidelines should be followed while selecting a maternity bra.
- Make sure your breasts fit comfortably within the bra. You shouldn’t have to worry about your breasts poking out of the top, sides, or being squashed below.
- The underbust band should not shift or ride up as you raise your arms above and should always remain anchored comfortably underneath rather than on your breasts. When you first buy a maternity bra, the band should fit in the tightest hook, so you can loosen it as your breasts grow.
- The straps shouldn’t be too tight or too loose, and they shouldn’t be bearing the whole weight of your breasts. The band is the foundation of support.
Where Can I Purchase A Plus Size Maternity Bra?
It’s challenging enough to try to locate a store that sells plus-size bras. As with every other aspect of your body, your cup size will vary dramatically throughout your pregnancy.
The convenience of shopping online has greatly increased in recent years. There is a plethora of sizing information and measuring tools available, which may assist in ensuring that the style you purchase will be a good fit for you.
You might start your search with Anita Maternity, a brand that offers a variety of maternity bras as well as nursing bra choices which include both wireless and underwire styles in a broad size range. They are specialized in high quality maternity styles that are with you at every stage during your pregnancy, while nursing and throughout recovery!
The decision as to which bra to wear rests solely with you. However, Anita.com is the best option if you’re more full-figured and want to feel as comfy as possible during your pregnancy!