What to Look for in a Crib Furniture Set for Your Nursery
Today’s market offers a dizzying array of styles and options, making picking the ideal crib for your child feel like a difficult task. You can start looking for the best crib after you’ve established a budget and prioritized the features you want to see in a baby’s sleeping space.
Here, we’ll provide you with comprehensive information on purchasing a crib furniture set.
What Exactly Are Crib Furniture Sets?
Everything your infant needs for a comfortable night’s sleep, from the moment they are born, can be found in a crib furniture set.
However, before you run out and buy the most elaborate baby crib set, you should familiarize yourself with the fundamentals of creating a secure sleeping space for your newborn. Especially with soft furnishings like bedding, upholstery, and floor coverings (dust ruffles, bumpers, etc.).
Just remember that your baby’s crib should only have one set of sheets and a blanket until they are much older!
What exactly should be included then? Here are a few things to think about when picking out a crib set for your child.
Child Safety in Cribs
New cribs must conform to established safety standards in order to be legally sold in the United States. Because of this, before going shopping, it is recommended that you study up on the most recent crib safety regulations.
Make sure your baby’s crib mattress is firm and a perfect fit for the space provided to ensure the best possible sleep environment for your little one. We can rest easy knowing that cribs and mattresses are all the universal standard size. As a result, if you buy a full-size mattress and a crib separately, the two should be able to fit together without any gaps.
You still shouldn’t use any other kind of mattress in your crib, even if it fits in there. Foam toppers and other non-standard bedding should also be avoided.
Size of the Crib
Two standard sizes are available for cribs, the mini and the standard.
There may be cribs out there with slightly different measurements, so double-check that your mattress will fit in the crib before letting your baby sleep there.
When space is at a premium, such as in a small nursery or when siblings will be sleeping in the same room, a mini crib is a great solution. Unfortunately, by the time your child reaches 18–24 months of age, they will have outgrown the space provided by a mini crib.
For many parents, the reliability and longevity of the standard crib make it the go-to option for their infant’s first piece of furniture. As your child develops, many standard-size cribs can be easily converted into toddler beds.
Precautions to Take Before Putting Your Nursery Together
● We advise getting a brand new crib, but if you must get a used one, check that it is up to date on safety standards.
● All cribs have instructions on how to put them together. They must be strictly adhered to in order to ensure that the crib is assembled properly. It’s important that the crib doesn’t wobble and appears well-made.
● Bumpers for cribs are not required and present a risk of asphyxiation .
● Make sure there are no drapes or cords hanging over the crib, and position the crib away from any windows.
● The room or nursery that will house the crib should have good circulation of air.
● The fewer items there are in a baby’s nursery, the better. Pillows, stuffed animals, and blankets should not be added to the baby’s crib, no matter how tempting they may be.
We hope that this article helped you as you shop for a crib set for your baby’s room. Kids N Cribs has a wonderful selection of high-quality baby cribs and bedding.