Looking for the best tooth replacement treatment option in Ottawa? With great advancements in treatment methods, there is a plethora of options available to replace a missing or damaged tooth. However, one treatment method that stands best among all methods is dental implants. Wondering, what are dental implants or how to opt for dental implants in Ottawa? Hold your breath as this blog will cover everything you need to know about dental implants.
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is the best and safest treatment procedure to replace teeth that are missing. Several reasons can lead to tooth loss with the common ones being tooth decay, injury, or periodontal disease. For ages, the common treatment methods to replace missing teeth had been bridges and dentures. But, with the advent of dental implants which is a high-tech tooth replacement procedure, the game has changed.
The dental implant procedure is specifically designed to mimic the structure of natural teeth. It’s the next best thing to real teeth that appears and functions exactly like natural teeth. Unlike traditional teeth replacement options, dental implants are highly effective teeth treatment procedures that provide long-term results. They make a strong foundation for both permanent and removable teeth that are made to match the natural teeth structure.
Who can Opt For Dental Implants?
Patients struggling with the below medical conditions can opt for dental implants.
- Decayed Tooth: You can undergo dental implants if you have missing or broken teeth that can’t be repaired.
- Uncomfortable with conventional methods: This high-tech teeth replacement procedure can be your ideal solution if you are uncomfortable taking up conventional dental procedures such as dentures, partial dentures, or bridges.
- Sufficient Bone: In the past, dental patients with insufficient bone were not eligible for undertaking dental implants. However, today the advancements in diagnostics and bone reconstruction have led to the implementation of this teeth replacement procedure in such patients.
- Good Dental Health: Anyone having good dental health to take up oral surgery or dental extraction can be considered for dental implants.
- Healthy Gums: Patients who follow a hygienic oral routine and have healthy gums with enough bone to hold the implant can undertake this teeth replacement procedure.
What is the success rate of dental implants?
The success rate of dental implants is a variable component. It completely depends upon the jaw position at which the implant is placed. However, notable survey reports state a 98% success rate for dental implants. As already stated, dental implants provide long-term results. If taken proper care, it can last for a lifetime.
What are the benefits offered by dental implants?
Compared to conventional teeth replacement procedures, dental implants offer better results. Here are the extensive benefits that you can enjoy by undertaking dental implants in Ottawa.
- Looks Natural: The best advantage of undertaking a dental implant is that it gives a natural look and feel to the patient’s teeth. Implants come in varied shapes and sizes, offering a plethora of options to pick the right match for teeth replacement.
- Protects Bone Mass: Teeth loss usually leads to the loss of bone mass in the jaw area. That’s when the jaw requires the stimulation that it otherwise gets when the teeth connect with the jaw bone. Dental implants are potential enough to replace jaw bone stimulation along with teeth replacement.
- Prevents Cavities: Even artificial teeth need to be cared for and cleaned regularly so that no bacteria or infections build up inside the mouth. Dental implants are made of materials that do not decay, preventing the formation of cavities in the implants.
- Easy to Maintain: Dental implants do not require any special clean-up or care. It does not require you to spend additional money for purchasing a special brush or floss, cleansing tablet, or adhesive. You can simply brush and floss the dental implants the way you do with your natural teeth.
- Doesn’t Alter Speech: While some conventional teeth replacement procedures like dentures, partial dentures, etc., lead to an alteration of your speech pronunciation, dental implants do not impact the ability to pronounce correct words. It supports the face exactly as natural teeth do.
- Maintains Even Smile: Missing tooth causes a gap in the mouth and this leads to misalignment as adjacent teeth shift their positions. A dental implant is a permanent solution to fill in the gap caused by the lost tooth. This further helps in maintaining a straight and even smile.
A dental implant is a permanent teeth replacement solution, designed to last for a lifetime, unlike conventional dental procedures that require periodical repair or replacement. So, if you are looking to undergo the best teeth replacement solution, you should consider investing in dental implants. Urban Dental Centre in Ottawa is a reputed and renowned healthcare facility to undertake dental implants.